About the Theater If you’re thinking about building an HTPC and you’re deciding upon software to use, you should consider Plex. Built on XBMC and available for both Mac OSX and Windows, this software contains one of the slickest interfaces we’ve seen for navigating through your movies and televisions shows. As an added bonus, apps for several phones and tablets allow you do control the entire system.
Another neat feature of this home theater is the Vera home automation system. Combined with the wireless light dimmers, this allows you to control the lighting of the room remotely as well as manage the power consumption of the system with SQ Remote for the iPad.
Check out the other system components and additional photos below.
- Hackintosh HTPC running Plex
- Panasonic VIERA 50″ Plasma TV
- Onkyo AVR (TXSR608)
- IKEA TV stand with back
- Red rope accent lighting
- Netgear Wireless N Router
- Plex app on iPad controls the system
- GE Z-Wave wireless lighting dimmers
- Vera Z-Wave Home Automation Controller to control lighting level