About the Setup As a software developer and entrepreneur, it’s important have a setup that is good for both productivity and portability. This can be a difficult to pull off when productivity for a developer is often helped by having several displays.
To solve this problem, David Rodecker of RelevantAds.com built similar versions of his setup in multiple locations and runs the entire setup off a single docked laptop. When moving from office to office all he needs to do is pop the laptop into the dock at the current office and all his work/files/software comes with him.
- Dell M6400 Precision Mobile Workstation
- Intel Core 2 Extreme CPU X9100 at 3.06 GHz
- 4GB RAM
- 160 GB HDD
- Windows 2008 R2 Server Edition, x64.
- Docked in a E-Port Replicator
- Samsung 30″ 2560×1600 (DisplayPort adapter)
- 2x Dell 20″ Displays 1200×1600 (USB-DVI adapter and direct connection to laptop)
Other PhotosSoftware Developer's Portable Triple-Display Setup Running Off A Laptop,