About the Setup Here at Desktopped, we love DIY projects that get creative. With custom built desks, we frequently see people thinking outside of the box and integrating things into the desk in cool ways.
This setup, owned by a 19 year old, has such a scratch-built desk. Integrated into the front is a musical keyboard that slides in and out. In the side of the desk are 7 USB port, a multi-card reader, headphone and microphone ports, and three power sockets. On top of the desk is an embedded audio controller from TC Electronic. To top it all off, all of the cords for the setup run through the inside of the desk, leaving basically no visible wires.
Even the iMac and speaker mounting job is a thing of beauty. Be sure to check out the additional photos below and visit this website for more information about the setup.
- TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt Desktop Audio Interface
- Conrad USB Hub & Multi-Card Reader
- E-MU Xboard 61 (musical keyboard)
- 27” iMac i7 with 8GB RAM
- KRK Rokit Powered Speakers and Woofer
- External Western Digital 2TB
- Vogel’s Evolution EFW 6225 (iMac mount)
- Vogels VLB200 (speaker mounts)
- IKEA Dioders (behind the iMac)
Other PhotosMounted iMac And Desk Mod With Computer Components Built In,