About the Setup
Inspired partly by other great office setups, including Stefan Didak and Mitch Haile, software developer Mike Dixon’s basement office has become a model workspace for any developer seeking to improve their own productivity. This basement office is his daily workspace, at 12ft. by 22 ft. and boasts a slightly modded desk, a custom built rack with three computers, an iMac, a multi-display main workstation, and a lot of network storage.
If you look past the main equipment, you’ll also spot a variety of goodies and niceties that turn a workspace into a more homely space. Some of these include an iPad for playing media while working, XM satillite radio, a coffee cup warmer and the Griffin Technology PowerMate. A full list of system specs and features is below. Check out his website for even more information.
- 2x Dell 30″ LCD Displays
- 2x Samsung 23″ LCD Displays
- 1x Samsung 21″ LCD Display (for KVM and Computers 2 and 3)
- Belkin OmniView 4 port KVM
- Radioshack Mixer for all devices to play through one set of speakers
- External Backup Drive
- Linksys NAS
- Two 1500 AVR APC battery backups
- Mirra Backup Server
- Linksys Wireless Router and Linksys 16 Port Switch
Other PhotosDeveloper's Home Office With Three Rack-Mounted Computers and iMac,